by Shelly Barnes, Extension Agent, Family, and Consumer Sciences, Wilson County, TN
Patriotic Dump Cake
Dump cakes are often confused with cobblers since it’s a baked fruit dessert topped with a crust. While dump cakes are defiantly NOT cobblers, they are easy and delicious. If you are looking for a super easy recipe that you can get your small children involved with, this might be the one to try. This dessert is great for children learning the basics of cooking because there is no way to mess us this dump cake, the ingredients are literally dumped in! Try this fun recipe at your next family Independence Day celebration!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry or strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Gather ingredients.
- Wash hands.
- Grease a 9×12-inch cake pan.
- Place the pie filling evenly in the bottom of the greased pan.
- Sprinkle with the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the blueberries.
- Drizzle the cake mix evenly with the melted butter.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.