Mayor Rick Bell, Lebanon City Council members, Lebanon city employees, and community members all joined to break ground on a additional parking lot in the Downtown Historic Square on May 15, 2023.
The new parking lot will be located at the intersection of S. Cumberland Street and West Gay Street and will include the following:
• 24 new parking spaces to our downtown core.
• Removal of 1200 cubic yards of fill material to assist with floodwater detention.
• Installation of a water-quality feature near the creek to help stop road contaminants from washing into the creek.
• Enhanced pedestrian crossings.
• Removal of the large billboard to elevate the visual entrance into the square.