A family favorite we have is the Big Orange Burger! We are a UT Vols family, so a Big Orange Burger really fits our interests! So in celebration of Men’s Health Month and Father’s Day, we give you the Big Orange Burger!
Servings: 4; Serving Size: 1 burger
YOU WILL NEED
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¾ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices low-fat Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat grill or large skillet to medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, mix water, carrot, onion, salt (optional), garlic powder and pepper. Add ground beef and mix until just combined.
- Press ground beef mixture into four patties that are slightly larger than buns.
- Cook patties on grill or stove in large skillet, turning once, until reach temperature of 160°F in middle.
- Serve burger on a hamburger bun with cheese (optional).
To learn more about this recipe, log on to https://healthyfamilies.tennessee.edu/recipe/big-orange-burger/
UT Extension provides a gateway to the University of Tennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an office in every Tennessee county, UT Extension delivers educational programs and research-based information to citizens throughout the state. Through its land-grant mission of research, teaching and extension, the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture touches lives and provides Real. Life. Solutions. utia.tennessee.edu.
For more information on this or other family topics, contact Shelly Barnes, family and consumer sciences Extension agent for UT Extension in Wilson County. Barnes may be reached at [email protected] or 615-444-9584 ext 105.